Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help a pregnant woman reunite with her husband again
My name is Jennifer and I am 38 weeks pregnant. My husband lives in Jerusalem (he is palestinian). I moved to Jerusalem in 2014 fell in love with him, married and lived 2 years there with him in his parents house. 

We submitted the paperwork for him to come to the US with me, but before we had an answer on the process, my visa was expiring and I was forced to move back to the US. At that time I was 27 weeks pregnant and I had to move back alone without my husband and no family or friends around to count with or have some support. 

We were hoping the Embassy was going to give him a visa before I gave birth so he could come and take care of me and the baby. They refused his application and now we have to submit a waiver with a lawyer that will cost $5000 and the process will take 1 year. 

I was devastated, the man I love so much will not be with me when I give birth to our baby and I will be all alone with no friends or family around me. That and the added stress of money problems has me on a depressive state. For me to move back to the US my husband had to get a loan and his salary over there is really low. That meant that when I moved I had to look for a job and work as much as I can before I give birth to afford living costs. 

I found a job as a receptionist in an accounting office, I was told the job was long term and that I would have a job waiting even after maternity leave. Just two days ago on Wednesday April 12th, I was "laid off" due to overstaffing and they said a receptionist was no longer needed in that office. They fired me 2 weeks before I could qualify for short term leave and they lied to me about keeping my job after I gave birth. Short term leave was going to pay me at least 60% of my salary while I was on leave. They also knew all of my hardship and that I needed a secure job to save money and a job to come back to. 

The problem now is that without having a job to come back to I won't be able to go visit my husband after I give birth, because I have to use that time to look for another job. My husband will not see me or his baby girl for 1 year even more. The money I was going to get for short term leave and the extra time I could've worked was the money to pay the lawyer to start the process and to afford a ticket to go visit my husband. Now I am too far along in my pregnancy to find anyone that would hire me. Not only I won't have the money to pay the lawyer or visit my husband, I won't have money to afford living costs after I give birth if I don't get another job right after that. 

I'm in need of so many things, I wish I had some support, someone to at least talk to. I don't have any ways to qualify for a loan, I don't have friends or family to ask money from. I feel helpless and embarrased to even be here writing on a website about personal problems, but I am desperate. I just want my husband to be able to see his baby girl and for us to pay the lawyer at least to start the waiver process. The best thing to do is move back there and try to leave the process started. We need to give the lawyer at least $2000 to start the waiver application and I need at least $1000 to buy a one way ticket to move back to Jerusalem. That is why we need at least $3000 to help with our harsdhip.

If you find it in your heart to at least make a small donation for our case, please do so. I know we all have struggles, some more than others. But we would be so grateful just to receive some help from kind hearted people. We don't have much but we would also consider a personal loan from someone who is willing to get payed little by little. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this and feel free to contact me if you want to know more about my story. 

Donations: https://www.paypal.me/jenkhateeb