Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with medical bills
My story starts in 2004 when my husband had a stroke. He has not been able to work, he does get social security one time a month.  He was only 44 years of age.  We have made it because I have been able to work. Now that has changed. July 1, 2016 my husband was driving us home and that is all that I remember. I was told that I was in ICU for 9 or 10 days I just don't know what happened. I was told that we was in a wreck and I had to be cut out of the car and life flight to the hospital. My whole right side is damaged and this is one long hard road to be on . I had a brain bleed, a cut on the right side of my face from my hair line on my forehead to my right eye. My right arm was broke and they put a rod in my arm. My right top part of my leg was broke and was sticking out of my skin. The Doctor told my mom that it will take me at least 1 year or more to get better. It has been 7 months and I am still not healed. My Dr told me that with all the damage and my age it was just too much for my body to heal fast. I was 54 years old when this happened. The hospital has put a lean on any money that I can get from the insurance . I lost my car and almost lost my life. I am not able to get disability because they said that my husband gets too much already.  I would like to see one of those people to try to live off of 1 social security check  a month.  I had no health insurance at the time  because what they call affordable was not so affordable to me.  If you could please help me and my husband just to keep our bills paid that would mean the world to us.  GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU THAT IS READING MY STORY