Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veteran needs help with teeth.
         My name is Adam Allred and I was in the Army between 2010 and 2014 for 3 years and six months. I left with an honorable discharge, the extras six months were at the convenience of the government, not because I was kicked out or anything crazy like that. I have a loving fiance, a kid, 2 dogs, 4 cats, and a fish that depend upon me to survive and thrive. I work, on my own due to an injury that requires me to work at my own pace (aka slowly) as a blacksmith and a construction worker. I am also a full-time college student. For those whom it may matter (such as charity and non-profits) I am a 30 year old Caucasian male from North Carolina.

My issue here is my teeth.  In order for the Veteran's Affairs department to help me I would have to be considered 100% disabled and I am not. I receive free health care from the VA but cannot receive any help with my teeth. My teeth aren't really too bad looking from the front but the back teeth are all full of really bad cavities and abscesses that are causing me a tremendous amount of pain and health problems to the point of giving me issues with my heart. I bring in enough to provide a roof and food for my family, they definitely do not go without, but with no insurance or ability to get it and no government agencies willing to help me I must pay for the dental work out of pocket and I cannot even begin to afford the extra. I have tried getting loans to pay for it but my credit wont allow it due to the results of a divorce I went through while I was still in the Army. The ex ran up my credit cards. It is what it is. Regardless, it could take me a year or two to save up that much on the side right now and I am genuinely afraid that I may not have that long if I don't get these abscesses fixed soon. I will be selling a lot of my stuff to help cover the costs as well so please don't think I am just being a bum here. I don't expect that will make more than a $1000 to $1500 or so, however.

I am asking for donations to help me raise the roughly $4000 US (that I will need in addition to what I should make selling all my nice stuff) that I need to pay for the dental work to be done. Please if you can afford it, find it in yourself to help a fellow human in need out. Please. Karma works in positive ways too!

Below is a link to my paypal account where you can send your donations. Thank you so much for your help and understanding!

my email is wolfbjornson@gmail.com and I welcome questions or advice. Trolls will be ignored.

paypal.me/wolfhearth