Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estranged Adult Seeking Help
Information 
Six years ago I ran away from an abusive home as a teenager. I was met with hunger and homelessness but it was the best thing I could have done for my life. It was by no means easy; I had never been self-reliant before nor was I taught how to be, it was almost as if I were a newborn fending for herself on the street. On top of that I struggled with severe depression and suicidal thoughts which only made things more difficult.

Despite everything that seemed stacked up against me I managed to graduate from college while working full-time, sometimes even working 2 jobs. Now I'm on my way to getting my Master's at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts. Being estranged from my family for six years has been a huge challenge and there were moments when I definitely wanted (and attempted) to give up and put an end to everything.

But now I have a shot to make things better for myself but I can't do it alone this time. My main financial mountain is relocating to Boston and paying for rent, any extra funds would go straight to my tuition. Every little bit helps and would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for letting me share my story with you.