Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traumas Over the Years That Continue Today
About a month ago, my wife and I paid $2,000.00 for surgery for our 13-year old dog.  We have no kids.  She was our baby girl.

Afterward, we went on a vacation out of state, to visit my wife's family.  When we returned home, we picked up our dog from a pet hotel that neglected her.  Not only had she lost 12 pounds, but her kidneys began to fail.

We of course, ended up visiting the vet again to pay $800.00 to try to save our dog.  But, the vet could not do anything for her.  We had to put her down, which cost another $500.00

Not only that, about nine months ago, we moved here to Southern California for me to start a new job.  But, the cost of living here is causing us to have trouble making ends meet.  In fact, my wife cannot get a job.

This has all culminated in our having to max out our credit cards.  And, since no one would give us a loan to help catch up financially, I'm having to withdraw the majority of my retirement funds from my IRA.  This means that I will be paying penalties to the IRS, come April 15.

Although the next few paragraphs will be a fairly lengthy read, I urge you to read them.  They will give you background on my sad and abusive life.  The following is why this thread is entitled, "Traumas Over the Years That Continue Today":

My 45-year life has been hard. For one thing, when I was a senior in high school, my father became legally blind and had to go on disability. This sent "shock waves", throughout my family's financial situation.

Even after graduating from college years later, I could not find a sense of job stability or security.

I was briefly in law school, but a professor was very rude to me in front of other students. The embarrassment was so severe that I dropped out.

From then forward, I had a few temporary professional jobs. Ultimately, I had my sights set on becoming an FBI agent. But, I failed the second exam and was not allowed into the Academy.

I have had other personal and job-related issues. Many years ago, after first starting out with my wife in our marriage, I was fired by a state government and was done so right in front of my wife. Emotionally, I will never recover from that.

Often, I have had a hard time holding a job due to mistakes that I've made. In fact, even though I'm a Microsoft Certified Professional and had a career as a business software consultant, I always had a hard time understanding the product and therefore could not create a viable career.

To add to my list of failures, I failed at the CPA exam about fifteen years ago. This seriously stymied my career, as an accounting software consultant.

Needless to say, I do not have much money in my retirement fund.

So, my wife and I last fall began to start a new life here in southern California. But, the job that I moved out here for is not going well. And, I can't move on to a different job, because my employer will make me repay the $7,000.00 bonus they gave me to move out here and start this job. With all of the debt that I have and without any money, I cannot repay that.

To top it all off, my wife and I have been unable to have a child. Too, we do not have any family or friends here where we live.

All of this means that I'm always finding myself in trouble, no matter how hard I work or try at something.

Please help!