Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
19 year old son has cancer, need financial help
Hi, I have never asked for help before but we are going through so much right now.  My 19-year-old son who had a baseball scholarship to college and completed one year has been diagnosed with Stage 3 Hodgkins Lymphoma.  He has already had a few treatments and is doing ok.. we find out this week how well they are working.   He has insurance, so most everything is paid, but it's costing us so much just in gas, medications, etc.  To top it off, we are getting married this week and all of our money was already tied up in that.  

This kid has been through so much!! His biological father was not a nice man and he and I managed to survive that abusive relationship together.  Next, I had cancer (the same type as him but I was a stage 2).  I pulled through, and I'm confident he will too!  After that we were very poor for quite some time.  He still pulled through and made a name for himself in our small community, being the first at his school to ever get a baseball scholarship.  He has a few loans, but mostly his school is paid for.  Then this cancer happens and his world is shattered.  He had to leave school early and will probably stay home this semester.  He is hoping to get back to school by the spring so he can play as he will be a starting pitcher this year.  

I'm not asking for much - mostly we just need a little help with transportation, food, and bills with the extra stress.  We have 2 other younger boys as well.  Anything anyone can give would be so appreciated.  Here is my link: PayPal.Me/Imbrina 

Thanks again for anything anyone can do!!