Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desperately need help to fix my car.

I am a service-disabled veteran and long-term unemployed.  I have depleted everything I have trying to stay afloat, and live by the good graces of my sister and brother-in-law.

Yesterday, I stopped at the local shopping mall to drop off a couple of applications for jobs that I thought I could do.  When I returned to my vehicle, I found that the passenger-side mirror had been broken completely off.  I nearly was sick.  I flagged down one of the mall security who was driving by and we went to the office and checked the video from the lamppost near where I was parked.  It seems a large Ryder truck decided to drive through the parking spot, rather than back out and took the mirror completely off.  Of course, the video was so bad that we wouldn't make out the license plate or any truck numbers besides the Ryder logo.  The police won't do anything in a parking lot incident unless there are injuries or, God forbid, fatalities.

To make a long story short, I am nearly flat broke and I have a $500 deductible on my insurance.  A couple of people have said that a local shop would only charge about $380 to fix it, but again, I don't even have that much.  I can't ask family, since they are already doing so much for me, and at my age (59) the prospects of getting a good job again are pretty unlikely.

Dear reader, if there's any way you can help out with this expense, I would greatly appreciate it.  Our local VFW and Legion are too small to have that kind of money available in their respective relief funds, and I don't know what else to do.  I am embarrassed to be posting this, but I have to have this vehicle in drive-able condition to get back and forth from the VA hospital and job searches.

A picture of the damage is attached.  Please help!  PayPal.Me/tebojockey