Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got kicked while down
Hi everyone. My name is Robert.  I'm probably one of the "never thought this would happen to me" crowd.  But I suppose we all have to have our moments.

Life was going along nice, or so I thought. I had an okay job, and little extra from the VA for hearing loss and stuff when I was in the army. Those extra few bucks were nice, but it's enough to make me ineligible for many other options out there.  (20% gets $338 a month, yay...not).

I had a stroke in 2021. Lost use of a lot of my right side. Spent plenty of time in the hospital. My boss came by and demanded I get back to work by a set date or I would be let go. Seems 13 weeks or so is the limit.  I was determined to get better.  I made it back to work in time. But I was unable to drive.

A friend offered to help me get better, cook for me, etc, if I gave her a room to stay in where I live.  I'm in my 60s, she is younger and spry, so sure. I would find out later she is an alcoholic, a thief, and earns her income questionably. So now I have a roomie.

Fast forward a year.  The boss said I was on the Internet too much at work.  A couple months later I was asked to leave. Everyone knows it was because of the stroke but that's illegal. I was on the internet no more than anyone else, so I guess everyone can be fired at that rate.

About a month ago I found that I have had many personal items stolen. A 35mm camera I have had for years. A wedding ring from my ex. A few watches.  And I found they had been pawned -- by my roomie.

She is now in jail but I can't get my stuff out of pawn. My resources are extremely limited, and trying to do it all with a cane and only the left half of my body working is a bit embarrassing. Watching me try to cook may be woreth a comedy award.

To get everything out of pawn I need $3,251.

If I get this I will not accept a cent more.  If I can use some of my VA funds I will lower this amount. If I get funds from elsewhere I will lower this as well.  Thanks for reading.

Pay $ASTCell on Cash App