Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being called a BEGGAR
So someone with the email hankspenny sent me an email referring that I email someone by the name of Ade goodchild saying how this person helped them financially. So I send them an email and this Ade person asks me to email his attorney who goes by the name of reymundo sandavol. Long story short this person is telling me they'll send me some ridiculous amount but in order to receive it I have to pay them 25$. Sounds like a scam right? I called him out on it and he called me a BEGGAR all in capital words..I thought it was rude especially since I am on this site asking for help. I've never in my life done something like this so it was very discouraging. I know the name of the site is called free beg... But still. I'm not begging no one for nothing. Just simply asking for some help?? Am I wrong?? Idk... It wasn't very professional of this "attorney" to just call someone a BEGGAR.
It definitely sounds like a scam. You were right not to send any money, of course. And it is not right for anyone to call names, but since you were probably right about this being a scam, the guy calling you names is probably not an attorney. It might not make you feel better and it still isn't the right thing for him to do, but I doubt he is concerned about being professional.

When people post their story and include a link to cashapp/paypal/venmo/gofundme/etc, they do not need to reply to emails. If someone wants to donate to you, they can donate. But once they start contacting you, it is most likely to try to scam you. Good job being alert for this type of thing and thanks for sharing with us. I have removed the private message feature of this site because too many people were using it to try to scam others.

Thanks, and best of luck!