Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a Helping Hand
Exclamation 
I'm 50 years old. In early 2020 I lost my job due to Covid-19 after working for the same company for 18 years.  I have kept myself afloat the past 3 years working another job but made quite a bit less money, even though everything else in life started to cost more money.  paycheck-to-paycheck is such a terrible way to live.  Over the last 3 years my savings have dwindled to none, and my debt has grown.  

I am also a single parent to a child diagnosed with Crohn's Disease (a chronic autoimmune disease that affects the digestive tract) who had to undergo re-section surgery to remove a large, damaged section of his intestinal tract and now must go for infusion treatments of Remicade every 2 months. I'm incredibly thankful to have medical insurance to help with costs. 

This month I started a side gig working from home at night doing transcription work on the computer to help with trying to pay my debt/bills.  

After funds were needed to cover some extra bills this month, my bank account has slipped below my overdraft limit today, and on Monday a number of bill payments are going to bounce.  Looking for $2000 - 3000 total to get my account out of overdraft and make my bill payments. 

paypal.me/bcmmarie

One day, I hope to again be in a position to help others when they need it.  To those of you that do...you may never know how much people who feel ashamed asking strangers for help, appreciate a hand up sometimes.