Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical costs for surgeries, physical therapy and cost of living expenses
Hi There,

After moving to another state, I was more than thrilled to be living in an area where I could get good pay from a nationally recognized company who I dreamed and intended to retire with. I had worked in this kind of job with UPS in my home state and loved the work. I got a job with the company I dreamed of working with, which started before all construction and safety tools were available to be put into place for the job. Still, I was determined and I worked hard and showed up as dependable, because every company has some kind of startup growing pains. Weeks and months passed and all the safety things were repeatedly promised but the most important ones never came. In training we were told don't ever go out with XY + Z, but then push came to shove and we were told go out without it, or your fired. Many of the safety needs still are not in place. Demand pushed the need and threats overlooked the safety and compromise of the employee's. I got hurt on the job and when a rep noticed the blood on my hands and ripped gloves, he asked if I was okay and told me to rest up and he would see me tomorrow. Due to not having the proper equipment to move large loads or get around in the snow and ice and wind, I suffered three more injuries. I knew that things can take a long time to heal and I just simply hoped things would get better. I kept pushing through as my employer told all of us to. The last injury left me nearly unable to walk and when I checked in at the end of my shift, I reported the injury to the company and instead of agreeing with me to get it checked out, I was told it was my Friday, so heal up on my days off and show up on my next scheduled day. But the next morning my knee was three times the normal size, stuck in a bent position and I couldn't put any weight on it and that was just a part of it. I was seen by a doctor and forced to file a workman's comp claim. My employer didn't file paperwork within the timeline given and wasn't held accountable. I filed all the paperwork and then was left hanging by them without a way to get the needed MRI in a timely manner. By the time they filed the paperwork admitting responsibility and clearing me for the MRI, enter full Covid mode. I spent the pandemic in isolation and in pain with nothing significant being done for my injuries. When Covid lifted, I was yelled at by the company HR rep, threatened and mistreated and was told they just wanted me off the books. Shortly after, the infamous attorney I had hired, changed his tune as well. I appealed to the WC and had a hearing in which I was unfairly left in a position of never being able to get replacement representation for the case. My TDP stopped at this time and I appealed the DIME. I paid $1,000 to be seen by a doctor whom I never got to help choose. Still I was hopeful since I was paying for the appointment, I would be treated fairly. The doctor joked about playing a judge on TV and told me he never gives the patients what they need unless they will beg him for it and the way he said it, he was asking for a "favor" in exchange. He did give me a disability rating but said he had to give both sides something because he has been doing his job for 40 years and he doesn't want to create enemies. He agreed I need surgery however they weren't going to pay for it. He suggested I get another job, and not tell them about my injuries and then just go through them to get fixed because obviously I would be putting myself into a position I wouldn't be able to do without my injuries flaring. He told me, just don't use the crutches when you go for the interview. I don't know how our system is so messed up. The Orthopedic Surgeon who told me the only way for me to get close to back to normal at this point is going to be with surgeries and extensive physical therapy. I need $148,000 to be able to have the necessary medical care to recover. Besos, doesn't care that I got hurt on the job working for his company. A company I wanted to create a legacy through and have a good retirement life. I am being left behind with permanent injuries and cannot work. Please help me get the needed medical care to be able to hike with my kids and play with my grandbabies. Please help me get back to me and back to my family. I have been left to suffer for the last three years and it has certainly taken its toll, physically, emotionally and financially. I am Besos broken and I'm being left behind. But I am refusing to give up and I am asking you to not give up on me either. I still have a lot of life to live. Please help me live it better.

Thank you

https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_bu...2MXBX2XXD2