Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The never ending struggle with Alzheimer disease
Lightbulb 
“I am an elderly man suffering from Alzheimer's disease. It's a tough condition to live with, as my memories and thoughts become increasingly jumbled and confused. Sometimes, I can't even remember the names of my loved ones or the events of my own life.

It all started when I began having trouble remembering simple things, like where I put my keys or what I had for lunch. At first, I thought it was just a sign of aging, but it soon became clear that something more serious was going on. My family encouraged me to see a doctor, and after a series of tests, I received the devastating news that I had Alzheimer's disease.

The hardest part is not knowing what the future holds. Will I eventually lose all of my memories? Will I be able to recognize my own family? These are scary thoughts that haunt me every day.

But I try my best to stay positive and enjoy the present moment. My loved ones are incredibly supportive, always reminding me of happy memories and helping me to create new ones. We take walks, cook together, and play games to keep my mind active.

It's not easy living with Alzheimer's disease, but I am determined to make the most of every day. I am grateful for the love and support of my family and friends, and I hope that one day, a cure will be found for this devastating condition.”

The above is what my father wrote 4 years ago. I translated it from greek to english. He can still remember us now and then, however he cannot move at all without serious help. The vast majority of everyday tasks are extremely difficult to accomplish. The whole situation is a time and money pit.

=============================================

Allow me.to tell you a few words about myself:

I am a nurse living in Athens. My name is Stamatis, and unfortunately, I hate my job. I work long hours for little pay, and the job is physically and emotionally draining. I am constantly surrounded by sick people, and it can be overwhelming at times. I do not own any land or have any significant assets, and I am barely able to afford the rent for my small apartment.

Like many places in Greece, we are facing economic challenges. Despite these challenges, I am forced to work as a nurse because it is the only job I can find. I have tried to find other work, but there are few opportunities in Athens these days. The economic crisis in Greece has hit the city hard, and many people are struggling to get by.

Despite my dislike for my job, I try to remain positive and find joy in the small things. I have a small balcony where I grow a few herbs and vegetables, which helps to relax and clear my mind after a long shift. I also go to a small olive grove, and the process of caring for the trees and harvesting the olives is therapeutic for me.

Life is not easy for me, and I often feel trapped in my job as a nurse. However, I am grateful to have a roof over my head and food on the table, and I try to find meaning in helping others. I may be poor and unhappy in my job, but I am rich in spirit and I am thankful for every day that I am alive.

The reason i am writing all this it's because we need help. Financial help. I am far from being able to provide a semi-decent life to my father. Any amount you can spare is more than welcome. Thank you for taking the time to read all this. God bless you. 

paypal.me/a69835