Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delivery driver has broken car 4 b-days Christmas Rent HELP
I am a 47 year old mother and grandmother with relapsing-remmitting multiple sclerosis(RRMS). I've been unable to work since September 2021 when I had an RRMS flare-up that ultimately led to me losing my full-time job at the end of January 2022. I am in the process of trying to get approved for Social Security Disability, but the lawyers say it is likely to be at least another year before (if) it's approved. I don't qualify for unemployment because of the RRMS.

I am in university (finally) finishing my degree so that I may be able to work in a field that will allow me to make enough money to get by regardless of my declining health. I'm only able to take one class at a time because it is all I can cognitively handle, so I'm not set to graduate until 2026.

I work as a delivery driver when I'm well enough, even so I'm facing the inability to pay rent (I already owe over $6000), or pay for proper upkeep of my car. I have managed to raise enough money to replace the starter, but still need tires, calipers, and brakes. Until then I can't work with any kind of assurance that the car will continue to function.

Additionally, I haven't seen my youngest son in a month. Because he lives an hour and a half away from me, and his father refuses to meet me closer to MY home, I have to drive the 3 hours two to three times a month if I want to see my son. Which I do. But it has been death to my 10 year old car and my budget (especially considering gas costs).

That brings us to the holiday season. One grandbaby had a birthday in October, the second half his birthday in November, my eldest son had his birthday this past weekend, my youngest has his birthday on Christmas Eve, and then there is Christmas.

I need money to fix my car, pay the rent, put food on the table, get a Christmas tree decorations, birthday presents, Christmas presents, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Please help if you can.

Thank you for reading and considering.