Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help to not be homeless
Heart 
Hello Wonderful People. Thank you for taking the time to read about me. 

I am a 59 year old veteran who is damage but still functional. My best friend is a 9 year old Miniature Poodle. He and I take care of each other. I have a full-time job and even find time to volunteer and help others.

During the last couple years my poodle has had a problem with his thyroid and he contracted a fungus in his lungs. He is on medication for the fungus and should recover. He will need to take thyroid medication from now on. I made a commitment to care for him and I will. I have been able to pay for the care he needs.

I chose to be car-free years ago  (although now I couldn’t afford a car) and have attempted to live a simple life and help others to simply live. I ride my bicycle everywhere, it is my only transportation. When I take my poodle with me I ride my bicycle towing a trailer with my dog inside it. 

Part of what caused me to be in the financial situation I am in is I was hit by a car while riding my bicycle on three separate occasions which gave me concussions. The three times I was hit were within a 14 month span. I am fortunate to be alive. Two of the vehicles which hit me did not stop, the one that did stop only had $15K of insurance and that was quickly consumed by the enormous debt from the hospital and doctors.

These three concussions from being hit by automobiles caused memory loss and a few other problems. I used to have a great paying job; however, I was unable to continues doing this job. I went through a couple different employers before I started working in a grocery store. The work makes sense to me, strangely enough I remember working at grocery stores when I was in school. My memory has stabilized; however, I do not remember a great many things and some of the things I remember are not complete. I do enjoy the life I have and am very happy to be alive.

I make enough money to get by.  I have a place to live now but the two of us need to move to a new place.  My problem is I do not have the money to secure a new place to live. Even with the available help I still need money for first and last month rent (the rent is discounted due to my financial status and being a vet) and because I have not had utilities in my name for some time they want deposits too. I am asking for anything anyone could give me to help. I need $2750 to move to a place which would be ours. Any money anyone was willing to help us with would be fantastic and would change our lives for the better.

Thanking you in advance. 

paypal.me/yestri