Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My uncle put my family in debt
Hello, to be honest I never expected to reach this point in my life but I can’t keep going on like this anymore. My family and I run a local business of import-export of things from outside. We bring things, materials or whatever people buy from Amazon, or other businesses from outside our country and send with Fedex or DHL whatever they want to send abroad. As any business, we had our high or lows in question of monetary gain.

So, here is the problem: DHL and Fedex have rules you should follow so you won’t get penalized or, even worse, incarcerated. One of those rules is you can’t send money or active cards by any means. My uncle worked with us for 3 years and knew all these rules. I don’t know what got through his mind when he agreed to send a woman forty credit cards inside a book to Miami. Obviously, this didn’t work at all and the police and a representative of DHL got to the Local where we work taking into custody the manager, my uncle and my sister who worked with us too. The manager didn’t know any of this and got arrested too.

My country is, to put it shortly, corrupt everywhere and because of this, the amount of charges the prosecutor filed towards my uncle were exorbitant and because my father didn’t want to leave his brother in prison asked for money and used whatever we had in our accounts to pay 20.000 dollars, and then the lawyers asked for 10.000 to get my sister out too because she knew of what my uncle was doing, putting her as an accomplice of all this disaster, my father almost got incarcerated too because he is the owner of the company.

Because of this, my family and I had to go through the monetary disaster my uncle put us, and I haven’t seen him anymore after my dad sacrificed a great deal for him. It’s been a year since all this happened and we haven’t recuperated from… I honestly don’t know how to call it anymore. My father is getting sick trying to pay the money he had to borrow from friends, yes only friends, because no one from our family helped him in getting my uncle out of prison.

Yesterday my dad had a stress attack because of the debt. My family is collapsing because of this, and I try and try to look for ways to help, but is not enough. The free time I have in college is very limited. I do the odd job here and there and my family is working hard to stay out of debt, but I don’t know what else to do. If you reached this point and think you can help me and my family get out of this situation, it would mean the world for us. Thank you.

paypal.me/jhhstoot