Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Am alone, with a Mother, 84, dying of cancer
Dear friends,

I barely subsist on 1100$ per month, my rent paid leaves me with 200$. With that I must pay a cell bill, 35$ and internet, 70$ (a MUST, I have no TV!) Now... I have recently had to accept that mom is cancer ridden, and she has 4 months to live. I have to take care of her and no matter where i turn i can find no help. Disability will not help, the city will not help. 

I am expected to buy meals,. take her out on free Wednesdays on the local city bus, so she can do food shopping. I have NOTHING to wear; my clothing is filthy because i cannot afford the laundry, I need a winter coat, badly! I have NO groceries of my own except for the load of veggies the food bank give once a month, and I NEED monetary help so bad! HOW do i get it, I am, so very desperate to look after my mom, i adore her, and i do not want to do her wrong. On top of that I have kidney drugs that are not covered and they cost 67 dollars per month. HOW do i get help? I am short about 300 dollars a month to feed myself and cover bus fares to the hospital. I am asking for help. I am ashamed to do so, but it has come down to this. I need money help. How do i ask? How do I do it?

Dennis T.J. Barch