Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single father in need.
Richard Walters.
12-16-2021

Single father struggling.
Hello, my name is Richard Walters. I am 39 years old, and I have been blessed to be the father of the most beautiful, joyful four-year old daughter, whose name is Kailee Raelynn Walters. I am not going to get into my life much simply because it’s not a very uplifting story and I have a therapist to whom I share my past with and even that can be difficult at times. Furthermore, I am very lucky to be here after all I have endured, and I continue to fight through a lifelong journey of hardships. The reason I am writing this letter is not about myself. I am asking for help so that my daughter does not become a victim of the things I have had to deal with. I always believed that a good heart and hard work was all you needed to get ahead in life which I still believe to be important, but it seems to have only allowed me to be taken advantage of and my hard work has beaten down leaving me with aches and pains throughout my body, and over $20,000 in medical bills. These bills stem from surgery to physical therapy for my back and knees, among other injuries caused from trade work, from flooring to roofing and all kinds of hard physical labor that never paid what I should have been making. I have recently decided that I cannot continue this kind of work and I need to acquire a new skill. So, last February, I enrolled in a computer science program through Colorado technical university online. I have been working extremely hard and have been maintaining excellent grades and have even been on the dean’s list, which has made me very proud of myself. The hardest part for me is trying to stay positive and believing that I will be able to obtain a career that will be able to pay off the $63,000 tuition that I agreed to with absolutely no previous experience with computers. I am currently living in a tiny two-bedroom apartment with my four-year-old daughter, who I have full time. My rent is $995 a month plus utilities, which is considered cheap in my area. My daughter Kailee is in preschool which she only attends 7 hours a day 4 days a week. So, I have not been able to work a full-time job and my only option right now is doing door dash deliveries which is not always busy, so I have not been able to make even close to what I need to pay rent, utilities, car insurance, phone bill, etc. I was lucky to get a good tax return last year and made a wise decision to pay my rent in advance, which will run out at the end of the month. I currently only have $220 to my name, and I am behind on my heat bill, which is really important to have living in northern Michigan. Furthermore, I have been so stressed-out lately, which has caused severe insomnia and a few days ago I had to go to the E.R. because I was having heart palpitations which triggered a panic attack and I thought that it was a heart attack and that I was going to die. I still have not gotten my daughter anything for Christmas. There’s no way I am not going to buy her Christmas presents, so I am going to have to spend the money I have, and I will worry about how to come up with rent and all the other bills that are coming up later. I can’t even imagine asking for enough money to get completely out of debt, or even think about what that would feel like. I have a really hard time asking for help but because I have my daughter, the possibility of losing the roof over our heads is not an option. That being said, I am asking for donations up to $10,000. By making a donation, you would be ensuring that my daughter and I would have a roof over our heads and heat to keep us warm through the long, cold winter months of northern Michigan. I realize that this is asking for a lot, so I am not going to get my hopes up. I want to stress that everything I have stated is the truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God. Happy holidays to all.
Sincerely, Richard and Kailee Walters.
paypal.me/RichardWalters