Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single mom desperately needing help with unexpected medical bills

LAST UPDATED: DECEMBER 3, 2021

Help with unexpected medical expenses

I am a single mom of two amazing boys. One is in college and the other is in middle school. I have, unexpectedly, been out of work for about a week and a half and am expected to be out of work for one more week. Unfortunately, I only had enough time to cover a little over two days of that. This is all due to a large kidney stone, which is now stuck in my ureter. The most painful thing ever that I wouldn’t wish on anybody. Needless to say, this brings unexpected medical expenses. I have a $5000 deductible with my insurance. Of that amount, I have maybe met about $500 of, as I am fairly healthy and rarely have to see the doctor for anything. Once the deductible is met, I am still responsible for 20%. I have already had one ER visit due to this which included a CT scan. Now, I am scheduled for Lithotripsy next week. I do not have the bill from the ER yet and have not been given an amount for next week’s procedure. However, between the two, I am sure I will be expected to pay atleast $5000 out of pocket. Being a single mom, with one in college, we already basically live paycheck to paycheck. Now, I am losing two weeks worth of pay from work on top of these unexpected medical bills. This has me very stressed out. It is Christmas time, and here I am, unsure how I am gonna get all my regular bills paid and how I am gonna pay for these medical bills….. I cannot even think about Christmas. Which, of course, breaks my heart. But as long as I can spend the holidays with my boys, we will be okay as far as Christmas is concerned….and I am sure that my boys will understand.
I have never been one to ask for help, as I have always been very independent. However, I know that I really need some help right now.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated! If there is anything left after paying the medical bills, it will be used towards paying my regular bills that still need to be paid - and if I am lucky enough to have anything left after all bills, I will use to try and get my boys a little something for Christmas. I thank you from the bottom of my heart!!! ❤ Prayers are also very welcome and greatly appreciated. As I am terrified of even being put to sleep. I am just so ready to be done with all of this so I can be rid of this horrible pain and so I can get back to work!

God Bless and hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!

PayPal.me/2SLW
Venmo: @SHERRYW75