Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need help
Hello, I’m just going to get right to the point. My husband and I have been struggling for years. Once we get a head something always ends up setting us back. Due to my mental Heath I am unable to work and I’m in the lengthy process of trying to get on social security. My husband is already on disability because of his back. We don’t even make it through a month without having to worry about where our next meal is going to come from or how we’re going to money for gas so I can make it to my counseling appointments. We are trying SO hard to get things paid off so we’re no longer in debt. I’m not asking for help with bills, I’m asking for help with food and gas. So anyhow my husband’s doctor pretty much made him leave 13 years of employment because he could no longer do the job nor get another one. So that was a big set back. My husband was getting pain injections into his back which only lasted a few days. The final injection he got caused a rare infection in his spinal cord. He went to the emergency room only to get turned away. They said he was drug seeking. Which was not the case. He went back to the ER and was admitted for “drug seeking” because it was a short time between visits. This time around they did blood tests. They finally figured out he wasn’t drug seeking and told him that if he would’ve waited any longer he would have been septic. Then they rushed him into emergency surgery. They cut his back open from his shoulder blade down to his waist line. He’s 37 years old and can’t walk without a cane. Most days he doesn’t get out of bed because his back is still causing him so much pain that he can’t move. Our bed is the only place he can really be comfortable. Three months after his surgery I had to have surgery on my right wrist due to arthritis (I just turned 41) which is my dominant hand. They removed three bones from wrist and I lost 25% of movement. The surgeon told me that it wouldn’t cause me pain anymore, he was wrong. I can’t write, clean, use a computer, etc etc without my wrist swelling up and causing so much pain. I spend most of the day trying to do what I learned in physical therapy trying to get the swelling down. I can’t borrow anymore money from my family, my husbands family can’t help us. Not to mention that they live 16 hours away and going through their own troubles. So if anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Have a Blessed day.