Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Bill for Mentally Ill Mother.
Hello, I'm not sure what help I can get or if this will even work. However, I have run out of options and wish to at least try. I will admit I have posted this on a few different sites to try and get some help.

My name is Ash. I am trying to raise funds to get my mother's electricity back on. It has been off for over a month and I cannot afford to get it back on. My mother has always been mentally unstable. She has bipolar, depression, and is slightly schizophrenic. Unfortunately, the pandemic has made this much worse and affected her in a very bad way.

She has spent years trying to manage and help herself. Medication and therapy. She found a doctor and was doing very well the last few years. Well enough that I moved away before the pandemic hit its high point. I live in a completely different state and do not have a car myself. Her boyfriend of seven years broke up with her and stole her car.

Needless to say, the breakup caused her mental state to plummet. Since she lives in a rural area she couldn't get to her doctor's appointments, I'm sure she also didn't even want to. She no longer had the medication, or help that she needed. The events also caused her to lose her doctor, and she was unable to receive any unemployment. She was paying her bills with the stimulus checks and had not let me know had bad it had gotten.

It wasn't until she called me to let me know the power had been shut off that I learned about everything. Since then I have been helping her try and get a new doctor to get back on her medications. I have also been helping her keep her other utilities on, like gas since the heat runs through it

However, I cannot afford the electric bill. By the time they turned it off, it was nearing $2000 since they left it on during the pandemic. Since then they have started charging again. They also need a connection fee since it's been off for so long, and honestly, it's just too far outside my budget. I'm also worried because it is getting cold fast, and sadly the heating in the house ran on electricity.

It will be a long process to get her back to a healthy mental state, and I'm willing to do what I can for her. However, I am also aware that I need help. So I figured I could at least give this site a shot.

Thank you for listening to my story.

Paypal- @AshlinSage

Sadly I have been unable to receive any help so far. My mother still has no Electricity, water, or heat. I recently lost my job and am struggling financially myself. Any assistance would be appreciated.