Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help a Mother Out?
Rainbow 
[attachment=759]Hello, thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read this. My name is Karina and I’m 25 years old. My story starts about 3-4 years ago. I actually had a good-paying, reliable job and my husband and I were able to save money and set it aside for emergencies. My husband was also working at the same job as me and was making good money too. We almost started to get comfortable. Then my husband’s health, at first gradually and then suddenly, declined. He developed problems sleeping, he is in constant pain from multiple medical problems that have yet to be properly diagnosed, and worst of all he suffers from PTSD. None of the tests the doctors have taken have come back with answers, and the medications they’ve tried have had little to no effect. At this point he is suffering in silence every day of his life because he barely gets 5 hours of sleep consistently each night, he is always nauseous, his stomach is in physical pain, he has migraines, kidney stones, etc. and it has caused his depression to get so much worse.
Of course, my mental state got worse as his physical health decreased. Our finances got really bad too. Medical bills started piling up faster than I expected. We had to use our credit cards more than we wanted because of big home repairs (had to replace well, get water filter for rust, replace furnace, replace hot water heater, new plumbing. Etc.) and major vehicle problems. It felt like everything was going wrong. Jeez, it still feels that way. It got so bad that my husband and I made the choice to file bankruptcy. Some of our debt was discharged, but not all of it.
Last year I got pregnant and it was a miserable pregnancy. I suffered from hyperemesis and no matter what I just couldn’t feel good. I got fired from my job because I was advised to take a leave of absence during my pregnancy but then my doctor refused to fill out the paperwork properly. Because  of my condition I couldn’t find another job that was going to pay well enough to be worth it. By worth it, I mean worth the cost to drive to and from, and worth the risk to mine and my baby’s health since this was during the pandemic. Also, due to being pregnant and not being able to work, I did not qualify for unemployment benefits. We have been struggling badly despite so recently filing bankruptcy.
My baby was then born ten weeks early and had to spend more than his first month of life in the NICU. That was a terrifying experience. He is home now though and is doing so amazing, you can’t even tell he was born early! Of course, my husband and I have returned to work. I got a new job working from home and have been working there for about two months now. We have been working on building a savings account for emergencies, but it seems like we constantly have something we need to spend money on.
I’m so exhausted. I just want to be comfortable for a little while. Please, if you are able to help I really appreciate anything! I will repay you however I can. Feel free to text me @ 740-563-2379 Thank you! ? paypal.me/karina12514