Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help me rebuild life after tumour diagnosis
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I will keep it brief as I know how precious time is.

A year ago I was diagnosed with a tumour in my spinal cord. Due to its location (C6) surgery or even just a biopsy would carry risk of further paralysis. I can only keep going for regular MRI scans to monitor it, coupled with radiotherapy. Due to backlog after Covid, my appointments keep getting cancelled,  so I am just carrying on best I can for now and am grateful if I wake up still being able to walk.

I am a dance teacher, and an ex professional ballet dancer.  My left hand and foot are numb, I can no longer feel when my foot hits the floor when I walk, jumping, which I used to excel at as a dancer, is now extremely difficult.  My balance has also gone. This is neural damage caused by the tumour and whatever happens, it cannot be reversed.

I still teach 4 days a week forcing my body to "keep it together" as this is not only my passion but also my livelihood. I have to be realistic though, so I don't think I can keep it going much longer. I fear the future, but I must prepare for all outcomes. 

I have always enjoyed crafts as a hobby and would like to start a business ASAP before I can no longer teach, but I simply do not have spare money to do this. (In debt due to ex husband pretty much leaving me with nothing, but that's another long story).

I just need £200 for materials and other start-up costs so I can secure some sort of future. All my items will be handmade by myself - greeting cards mainly and also canvases. 

My time seems to be running out. Please would someone help me, any amounts are greatly appreciated. 

Thank you for taking the time to read.
https://paypal.me/aww76?locale.x=en_GB