Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In desperate need of a home
Exclamation 
In need of a home. I have been disabled for 7 1/2 years due to major back issues & mental health problems. I’ve had 9 back surgeries & I suffer from bipolar disorder, persistent anxiety & severe ptsd. 
     In March 2014 I suddenly became paralyzed from the waist down on my left side while raking my backyard. I had to undergo emergency back surgery. I lost my job which caused me to lose my home. My car also broke down & wasn’t repairable. I had 4 more surgeries over a 16 month period & had moved in with a friend to another nearby town. I had to depend solely on family & friends for the things I needed & a place to live. If I needed to go somewhere like shopping or to doctor visits I had to have someone bring me. After 4 years of living with my friend I moved in to my parents home. I had two more back surgeries in January 2020. I had improved some but was still unable to work. My left leg & left foot was still partially paralyzed & I would still fall at times. I didn’t stay but a few months at my parents because they really couldn’t afford for me to as they was on a fixed income. My ex brother-in-law offered to take me in. I had only lived there about a month when hurricane Laura hit southwest Louisiana August 2020. His home was completely destroyed & everything I owned was lost. Because I had just moved there & hadn’t been there for at least 3 months FEMA denied me of any assistance. I didn’t have proof of residency. No bills were in my name not only because I hadn’t lived there long but I didn’t have any bills to start with because I didn’t have an income. Without an income I couldn’t even pay a phone bill. My son who is in the Air Force paid it. 
     So here I was homeless again so my parents took me back in. I was able to purchase a used car with my stimulus check but I could only afford a car that was 20 years old. I had two more back surgeries recently but I still have a long ways to go. My parents offered to donate an acre of their land to me to move on because my father has cancer & is in need of a leg amputated & they want me close so I can help take care of him best I can anyways. I just need a camper or a good used mobile home. I hope soon to start receiving SSI disability assistance. I then only have to worry about an electric bill, water bill & auto insurance. This will allow me some money each month to purchase my personal items, gas in my car & any emergency expenses without having to ask for money from others. My old car won’t last me forever so I’m hoping to be able to save a little each month for when that time comes. 
     It’s just me so I’ll be happy with a camper or a small good used mobile home. I’m not asking for a new house. I just want to be able to have a decent place to lay my head & be able to stand on my own two feet. I’ve been poor most of my life so material things & extravagant homes mean nothing to me. Any help towards this goal is so greatly appreciated. I hope I’ve been very detailed with my situation. If you need any more information or have any questions at all please ask & I will surly reply. Please no rude comments or judgments. I’m doing the very best I can. Thank you & God bless.