Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's Hoping - Please
Background: The story begins in 2010 when I was made redundant. My mother had died the previous year and it had been up to me to sell the family home (a three bed semi-detached) and to find a more suitable home for myself as I was now on my own.  I found a flat and settled in, but was unlucky in finding work. I received a monthly income as I had been contributing to a pension and this increased annually. I applied for Jobseekers Allowance, but wasn’t eligible for it because of the pension. The usual household costs therefore had to come out of the pension and my redundancy payment.
I remained unsuccessful in finding work until 2014 when I was made aware of a couple who had previously attended the church that I now worshipped at.  The lady had severe disabilities and was unable to clean her house and she and her husband were looking for someone to help.  I went to meet the couple and they offered me the job.  They left the area in 2015. During my time there, I attended the Work Programme which was a Government run scheme for the long term unemployed.  I made them aware of my cleaning job and eventually I was told about a position with the company that cleaned the Work Programme’s office.  I was employed by them for a year until the Work Programme moved to a different location  and I was made redundant again.  I registered with several employment agencies, and was successful in obtaining various cleaning jobs with one of them.  This employment agency has now relocated to Birmingham and as a result, I no longer have any contact with them.  However, I do have regular employment, again as a cleaner in a private house for a maximum of 5 hours per week, but since 2020 and the onset of Covid-19 I have not been able to go there.  I have looked into seeing if I’m eligible for any benefit because of this, but I don’t think I am.
Why I Need Money:  As mentioned above my primary income is a pension which at present amounts to just over £500 per month. Once my household costs and food have been taken from that, I am left with approximately £220 per month.  The flat I live in is owned by a company whose business is defined as “buying and selling of own real estate” so as well as the normal household costs, (gas, electric, water etc.) there is a service charge and because it is a flat, a ground rent (both of which are paid every 6 months).  Because of my lack of income, I have debts amounting to £6719.64.  In addition, in 2016 my toilet overflowed, and all the carpets had to come up.  As this had happened, I thought it would be an idea to declutter/deep clean my flat, but this has proved to be one of the worst ideas I’ve ever had.  I have arthritis and am finding it difficult to prepare the rooms that had the carpets in, so I am looking into having the decluttering/deep clean done professionally. Furthermore, I need either repairs to my boiler or a new one. If you would like to contribute towards any of these costs, then thank you in advance.

https://paypal.me/Ingles35?locale.x=en_GB