Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homeless but Hopeful
My name is Cary, I am a 50-year-old woman who has lived in a tent for over a year now. Living in a tent is okay, it's pretty hard but me and my dog Blaze, we get by. It's hard to save money like this because without electricity you have to eat out all the time and rent a room to shower which gets really expensive, but I have managed to come up with about $2,000. I'm saving to move home to Tennessee because my mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Her and my daddy have been married 59 years, and I think that is amazing! But my Daddy's going to need a lot of help because she is progressing pretty quickly. Living like this and saving money has not been easy, I panhandle and do odd jobs. My goal is to buy a camper to put next to Daddy's shop. They live in a 2 bedroom mobile home and Daddy's had to move into the second bedroom so there's not any room for me. However, he can hook the electricity up for me and hook me up to their septic and water. A really good used camper costs around $3,000. I would really like to make it up to Tennessee by the end of August to help my Daddy. At this point I'll try almost anything to come up with the other $1,000 I need to buy a camper, so I thought why not post on here and see what happens... PayPal.me/CaryDunn