Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help making rent
This month I don't believe I will make my rent by less than $200. I also have a $63 energy bill. While I have managed to pay my rent consistently throughout the coronavirus pandemic, this month has been particularly hard. If I can't pay my bill, I will be charged a $35 late fee. I also get paid on the 2nd, but if I overdraft my account on the first, I will get charged a fee for that, as well. While the late/overdraft fees are small, every dollar counts in my current situation. The month of July had simply seen a lot of things that have caused me to come up short on rent.
First, I had to get a $220 repair done on my car. I tried to put it off as long as I could, but it needed to be done last week. 
In the middle of August, I have a major make-or-break examination required to advance in my career. My current job will not pay me or give me paid time off to study despite encouraging me to continue and this has caused me to do hardly anything but work and study. On top of that, since October I have been working a gig economy job occasionally during the month to pick up extra cash. Because I have been focusing on studying, I haven't been doing that job in July.
Secondly, my fiancee has a chronic disability and had to leave her job because it was impacting her work. We're expecting that she'll be able to get unemployment for a while as she left for a covered reason but it is all still pending. Losing her job has put all of the responsibility of paying rent/bills on me and with everything going on it was just a lot to ask. I've additionally had to stay home from work (I can work from home) occasionally to take care of her because sometimes she really needs help to do anything if her condition is bad enough.
Finally, I have a history of depression and I started to notice this week that I am starting to feel overwhelmed and depressing thoughts are kicking in. Since I'm the only person in my household working right now, I can't afford to take any actual time off from my job for a mental health day. I know that I'm on the verge of being in a financially stable place if I pass this exam because it opens up so many new opportunities for me, but I'm just super worried about this month. Anything helps and thanks so much in advance. 
Paypal: https://paypal.me/Leihai70?locale.x=en_US