Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just trying to get my head above water...
Hi all.
I'm going to start off by saying this isn't an emergency. Since the age of 13, I've held a job. 
Through covid, I've held a job. Through relationships, marriage, divorce, loss of loved ones, I've always managed to get by on my own. But I'm getting so worn down. 
I've always just barely made ends meet. I'm 28 now. I lost my dad/best friend when I was 19. I still have my mom, to an extent, but she is schizophrenic and trying to do her own thing. And I'm there for support, but trying to give her the independence she needs. Through everything, I've had my dogs. They're my whole world. I managed to get the house in the divorce I just went through, but on one income, I'm back to living paycheck to paycheck. Every time I try to take advantage of what seems to be a good opportunity, it just costs more. I have ideas to start certain businesses that I really have faith in. I just don't have the funds to do it. One of my dogs has epilepsy, which costs a lot in medicine and tests, and I help my mom, on top of taking care of every bill by myself to hold my world together. I just cant...get my head above water. As soon as I feel like I do, something breaks, and I'm drug back under. I guess what I'm asking, is that if anyone has been through something similar, I could really use some words of encouragement, as I don't have anyone I'm close to anymore, or I could even talk business ideas and I'm more than willing to do my part. I just need.....something. I don't even know what right now. I feel like, instead of fighting for air like I've always done, to just succumb to it...and the only thing stopping me right now is the fact that my dogs need me. I owe them that for everything they've given me. But anyway, if you're interested in maybe getting supplies for business ventures, or just feel a bit of kinship and want to throw some advice my way, anything is welcome, except criticism. Trust me, I'm the best one at that when it comes to me. Thanks for reading though. 
-jess