Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Energy drinks for drivers
How to be a driver behind the wheel, if there is no more strength, my eyes close themselves, and I have to go home: not to kemarit on the roadside, as a hunted horse? It is good, of course, if you have a thermos flask with coffee or strong tea. But the most modern means - certainly the energy drink! Just take a sip and you're good to go... Have you ever wondered what is in it?

Scientists have been working on the development of all kinds of "energy drinks" for a long time. Astronauts, military officers, controllers, drivers, finally - their work is associated with increased responsibility, requires special endurance and performance. And some once "secret" know-how is now available to the public - it is advertised and freely sold. This product is mostly popular among young people: they don't have enough hours in a day and they are not used to calculate their strength yet - and here they take a sip and their eyes are "five rubles each"! But where does the "magic" energy come from and where does the sleep go? And most importantly, is not harmful to health this drink? So we decided to check it out. We bought 11 items of the "magic" drink in large stores and gave them for examination.

Many people think that the "energy" is contained inside the jar. It turns out that this is not entirely true. The contents of the can is more like a key to the door of the internal reserves of the human nervous system, but its capabilities are not limitless. In other words - the can doesn't give you energy, it sucks it out of you. Energy drinks, according to experts, refer to caffeine-based tonics - the very thing contained in coffee. Like any stimulant, caffeine depletes the nervous system. Its effects last for an average of three to five hours, after which the body needs a break. An elixir of energy is no substitute for sleep!

Some beverages also contain guarana, the Mexican plant, which also has caffeine. But unlike coffee, energy drinks have a complex of vitamins and glucose. One can of this invigorating drink contains about a daily dose of vitamins. They do not increase the work capacity, their main function is nutritional. Glucose is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream, involving in oxidative processes and delivering energy to the muscles, brain and other vital organs.
Another difference of energy drinks: caffeine in them is present in its pure form and is not connected, as in coffee, with other substances that soften its effect. By the way, there is more caffeine in a tea bag than in instant coffee, but it is associated with tannins, which noticeably weaken its effect.
And finally, almost all energy drinks are carbonated, which accelerates their effect - this is the third difference from coffee.

Speaking of caffeine, too. Approximately 15% of the people who inhabit our planet are indifferent to caffeine. It can even backfire on them. They snore in coffee shops and there's nothing they can do about it. In general, we are divided into three groups by caffeine sensitivity: low-, medium-, and high-sensitive (see table). So, food producers, taking care of the safety of invigorating drinks, should be focused on the "weak" part of the population. Not without reason, some packages carry a warning: "no more than two cans a day!

Here we come to the question of the norm. Everything is good in moderation! In caffeine-containing soft drinks, according to hygienic requirements there should be not more than 150 mg/liter of caffeine. There is an exception for energy drinks - 400 mg/l. Experts suspect that this "generosity" was made to let a foreign producer onto our market. But at the same time it is useful to know the risks of excessive energy.

DOCTORS WARN:

1. Do not exceed the daily dose of caffeine, which is about two cans of an average energy drink.
2. Taking more than two cans in a row can be detrimental to health: the resources of the body are already exhausted, and therefore instead of the desired effect you will feel the side effects.
3. 3. At the end of the action of the energy drink the body needs to rest in order to restore resources.
4. 4. Do not drink after sporting activities, since both can increase your blood pressure. Who knows what the safety margin of your circulatory system is?
5. It is strictly contraindicated to "indulge" in energy drinks for hypertension, diseases of the cardiovascular system, glaucoma, sleep disorders, increased excitability and sensitivity to caffeine. You should not quench your thirst with an energy drink while waiting for your offspring. Children and the elderly, of course, also ni ni!

In the case of overdose, possible side effects: tachycardia, psychomotor agitation, nervousness, depression. Caffeine is a medicinal substance, and it should be treated as a medicine - with the utmost caution. It is eliminated from the blood in 3-5 hours, and even in half. But what if you have been drinking tea and coffee all day long? So calculate the permissible dose ... Maybe, all the same, it is better to take a nap on the side of the road?
I agree with the author. Not only energy drinks, but all chemicals bring our demise closer, even low quality carbonated drinks. It is better to have a cup of coffee or rest for an hour and drive on. While you are still young and working it is hidden, but when you turn 65 all the ills will appear. You may not understand why your side hurts until your doctor says that energy drinks you consumed when you were young are the cause.
The work of the driver is very difficult, you have to spend many hours in tension and full concentration. I know that since I worked as a driver myself, I often found energy drinks to help me concentrate. so I bought bulk energy drinks so I saved some money.