Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mental health and autistic son.
Rainbow 
Hello there, how are you?

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time out of your day or night to read this. That is very kind and thoughtful of you already in my opinion. My name is Rita Sayaxomphou, I’m a 31 years old mom of 3 children and they mean the world to me. My oldest son Monte is autistic and turned 13 February 26th this year. I also have a 7 years old son and 3 years old daughter. 

Parenting is tough already, but parenting a non verbal autistic child on the severe spectrum is even a tougher challenge. The thing that most people that can relate to this knows is that all we want is really to be like every normal family out there. 

Right now I am sitting on a mattress that we bought less than a year ago. We are ready to throw away this mattress because the smell of urine from our autistic son has gotten bad and he isn’t able to use the bathroom on his own yet. All we can do is place a blanket over and pray for a better day everyday. In this household there are no such thing as having nice things for too long. A lot of things get destroyed wether it’s clothes from accidents or blankets constantly being thrown out and even anything around the house being tossed around and broken. At the moment we are -200 in our bank trying to make every dollar count.  My son receives SSI disability but doing the math of everything it is a bandaid to a huge problem and I’m thankful for any help period. I’m not used to asking for help. I know this personally because for the first time last month I checked into a facility for mental health in my life. I feel like as a mother I’m stuck in a hole and trying to find my way out of it in this world. 

I am in the process of getting help for a mental disorder that I believe I’ve been struggling with for most of my life. I made myself get help for myself and my kids. If you don’t care for your own self there is no way to have the strength to keep fighting for your children. Right now I am finding myself trying to keep my head above the water. Having a mental disorder that I’ve been tucking underneath the rug for so long and trying to stay strong for my kids mentally is not what I was prepared for, but you can only make the best out of the cards you were dealt with in life. Thank you for reading my rambling and if you did manage to reach the end of our story, God gave you a good caring heart, because you wouldn’t be reading this if you didn’t have a caring one. Hope everybody else on here is taking care of themselves keep your heads up. 

PayPal.me/mzlexuslove