Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know if Charles Cathers is a scammer? Anyone have been in contact with him?
Exclamation 
This guy have been contacting for a while me and he told me he wanted to help me, but I suspected he would be a scammer. That's why I hesitated so long and finally stop replying his mesages, but I'd like to be sure. He said he can't send me money by paypal and he would need info about me in order to send me a check and lately he said he would send a credit card under my name, but he said I would have to take the money I need on the card and send him the rest of the money. He said he have a charity organization in Wisconsin. Anyone received messages from this same person?
That sounds very scammy. You did the right thing by stopping the communication. Nobody needs your personal information and you definitely don't want someone to get a credit card with your name on it.

If people want to help, they can send it to a PayPal.me link, or donate to a GoFundMe page if you've ever created one.

Thank you for sharing your experience with this person. Everybody should do just as you did by ignoring someone who is asking for information or doing anything else that is suspicious!
(05-23-2019, 05:00 PM)admin Wrote: That sounds very scammy.  You did the right thing by stopping the communication.  Nobody needs your personal information and you definitely don't want someone to get a credit card with your name on it.

If people want to help, they can send it to a PayPal.me link, or donate to a GoFundMe page if you've ever created one.

Thank you for sharing your experience with this person.  Everybody should do just as you did by ignoring someone who is asking for information or doing anything else that is suspicious!

Thank you admin for your advice! This man kept sending me emails requesting my personal information until the end of May although I didn't replied the previous emails. In his first email he claimed he was a reverent and a wealthy doctor. He also said he had a charity organization in Wisconsin named Community Upwork. I wonder if I anyone else received messages from this man.
(05-23-2019, 05:00 PM)admin Wrote: That sounds very scammy.  You did the right thing by stopping the communication.  Nobody needs your personal information and you definitely don't want someone to get a credit card with your name on it.

Thank you for sharing your experience with this person.  Everybody should do just as you did by ignoring someone who is asking for information or doing anything else that is suspicious!

Thank you admin for your help! This man kept sending me emails requesting my personal information until the end of May although I didn't replied the previous emails because I was hesitant and scared. In his first email he claimed he was a reverend and a wealthy doctor. He also said he had a charity organization in Wisconsin named Community Upwork. I wonder if I anyone else received messages from this man or heard of this organization? I'm still hoping that maybe it could be true.
Unfortunately, I can pretty much guarantee that it is NOT true. Sorry.
thanks...
That sounds very scammy