Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Student Stuck w/ Homophobic Family
Hello, my name is Lottie, and I am currently stuck several states away from my own apartment, with homophobic family.

I came home with the intention to stay until the end of the summer, due to the virus to help out with my elderly grandmother and great grandmother. However, when they found out I was a lesbian, they both became very angry, very quickly.

I live several hours and states away with my girlfriend, but I currently have no way to get back home and out of this scary situation. My grandmother is teetering on the edge, and I fear for my safety. She is considering kicking me out, and I do not have anywhere to go in this state. 

I am a college student that is self employed, but due to the virus, my clients have been far and few between. I will not have enough money nearly quickly enough. 

As a woman of color, traveling alone in the US right now feels dangerous, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. 

I am getting desperate, and I am unsure where to turn next. This is a dangerous time for me, and I fear that once the news spreads to my mother and aunts, I will face much more hardship.

I am asking for your help in getting home to where I know I will be safe. Where I will not have to worry about my safety or mental health.

My paypal is as follows: paypal.me/raysiobhan

Thank you so much in advance.