Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock bottom
Hi everyone. I’m embarrassed and terrified and not sure what else to do. I’m a good, law abiding 46 year old woman. I don’t do drugs, I don’t drink, I work and I go home. 
3 years ago I went through a divorce I never saw coming. It almost killed me- my dad died the year before, my precious son went 10 hours away to college and I was alone. I collapsed emotionally and fell into a deep emotional hell. I lost everything that meant anything. Everything. 
I ended up at the mission with just the clothes on my back. In the four months I was there I rediscovered myself, I found a strength I had no idea I had, I learned to smile again. 
I got a small apartment and a cat. I took pride in myself again. For the last two years I’ve been a server in a successful restaurant, I make great money and even have benefits. I discovered life is good again. 
6 months ago I tore my acl and had to have surgery. I ate through my savings just to maintain, I couldn’t work. 
Now I’m about to lose everything again. I’m about to be homeless again. I did everything right and I’m about to be homeless again. I’ve exhausted every option and this is my last hope. I just want to keep living, keep being happy and friendly and making a difference. All I need is $250. This is the difference between safety and losing everything. 
Over the past 2 years I’ve given as often as I can. I know what it feels like to be alone and have nothing. So now here I am hoping for kindness from strangers. I’m back to work building myself up again but I’m short. So I’m praying for the best. 
Thank you and God bless everyone. I appreciate you taking the time to read this, please keep me in your prayers