Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 52-hour labor almost killed me.
[Image: cleardot.gif]My name is Jamie and I am 31 years old. I am type 1 diabetic and have been since I was 11 years old. I got pregnant in October 2018. Due to being a high risk pregnancy, I saw three different doctors each month; a regular OBGYN, a high risk doctor and an endocrinologist. I had a great pregnancy but when it came to the induction, I was shown great negligence by Mercy General Sacramento. I had my son on June 12, 2019. I was in labor for 52-hours. I got an infection that turned into a septic bowl obstruction that also led to two abscess near my ovaries that had to be drained. The nurse at the hospital told me I was the first diabetic delivering there in thirteen years. When I tried to contact the hospital after experiencing diareha, vomiting, and fever for five days and they never called back. I finally had a followup with my OB who told me my stomach pain was just gas and to take imodium. The next day i ended up in the hospital with the bowl obstruction. I did not get to breast feed my son or be with him the first two months of his life due to being in the hospital. I will never get the beautiful birth story I deserved and now have too much PTSD to even have another child. I had to up my celexa dosage and see a therapist. My scars on my stomach still hurt and the pain of what I went through still haunts me. We now have large medical bills and day care expenses. My work has also cut my paychecks in half due to them covering my benefits while I was on medical leave. Any donation will help. Thank you for your time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)