Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with medical bills for kidney problems caused by lupus.
Hello. I could really use some help, and I would appreciate it beyond words. I'm really having problems. A little bit after I graduated college and started my career I lost my job because of severe and very sudden lupus symptoms that caused joint pain, organ damage, mobility issues, and restricted my movement. They took some time to properly diagnose and figure out how to treat it. My doctors still won't clear me to go back to work. Now I'm having kidney problems caused by systematic lupus, I have no money. I'm doing some freelance art and graphic design work, but I'm barely making enough to eat, but I can't go back to looking for more consistent work until my kidneys are stable, and I can't afford to continue treating my  lupus if I can't work, I also can't seem to get on disability despite my rheumatologist thinking I need it, she doesn't want me to go back to work at all, but I can't do that. I really just need some help with my medical bills and medication until my kidneys are better or more stable so I can go back to work. I'm tired all the time, I'm in pain, and I'm afraid. Honestly I'm really scared of what might happen if I can't deal with my kidney problems now. The new meds they put me on to keep my kidneys stable after the steroid infusions are really expensive. I'm just tired and afraid and out of ideas about what to do. I have pets I've had since before I got sick and now I am so sick and stressed all the time I can barely take care of them. I am so tired of being sick, I'm tired of hurting and knowing all my loved ones are worried about me and unable to do anything, I feel like I'm hurting them by being ill, but I can't help it. I feel terrible and I want to get better, and while I understand lupus is a chronic illness that won't ever go away, treating my kidney problems caused by them should help with some of the pain, swelling and mobility issues, and let me at least get back on my feet so I can work and take care of myself. So maybe my family won't have to worry so much either. I'm only in my mid 20's but I already have severe health issues surrounding my joints and mobility, it's very frustrating. I don't want to feel this defeated, and I believe I can get back on my feet if I can get just a little help. I would be so grateful for any help you could give. http://paypal.me/bkay56