Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Begging for Fraction of my Tuition
Lightbulb 
I am a second year college student just trying to make it work. I have two jobs (one need based and funded through my college) to pay my rent and my tuition fees. I barely survive on 30 hours a week at minimum wage, so when my student bills come in I have no way of finding that money. 

I moved from Arkansas to Washington state and cost of living is high. I never needed credit in Arkansas, but now that I support myself in college alone here I can’t get approved for loans. I have a credit card, but building good credit takes time. I moved here to get away from a bad life, but it’s hard to prove that I can do it when I am drowning in the weight of it all. I have depression and anxiety, but I don’t do drugs or drink. I do everything within my power to get myself through college. If I can get into my final year within my major I am almost guaranteed a job through a specific teaching program at my college. I know that if I could just make it though three more years I could be okay.

I work as much as I can, and I budget to the best of my ability. I eat box macaroni and minute rice with chicken and peppers. A bag on penne noodles and pasta sauce costs $2 at the dollar store and makes two to three meals. I write endless essays for those $1000 dollar scholarships, and I apply for any financial aid available. My tuition (out of state) is $11,000 every quarter, $33,000 every year, and I make almost all of it in academic scholarships and need based grants, only falling short a few thousand every quarter. My rent is $700 a month with all utilities included, but on minimum wage I can only make around $900 every month, leaving little for gas, food, insurance. 

I just need a little bit, just the few dollars I can’t make. I am working for everything I have and I’m running out of options. If helping me is possible for you then I both applaud you and beg you to maybe help me to get beyond this difficult time in my life. Help me reach for better things. If you can’t then maybe email me about opportunities or more financial advice that you might have. My father didn’t finish college and my mother lived at home and had her tuition paid for her. I feel alone here in this state, but I can make it with just a little bit of help...

paypal.me/fatpumpkincat

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)