Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short on rent after husband's mental illness
For two years we've lived on just one wage as my husband had a severe mental health crisis that peaked in an extended episode of paranoid psychosis. We struggled with the expense of medication and therapy with some support from friends, and I also lost work as I had to respond to suicide attempts at the darkest points.

We have since reached a point where he is ready to return to work and start to rebuild relationships with friends and family. I'm immensely proud of his progress, but the last few years have crippled us financially. I have tax bills coming in the New Year that I haven't been able to prepare for because of his care, and we will face a shortfall on rent of around £600 before we begin to see pay cheques from his new job. 

I'm sure that if we can manage the next months, we'll be back in a position where we can look after ourselves again and make some sound financial plans going forward. We'll also be back in a place to return to community projects where we originally met and begin to pay forward some of the goodwill we have received from everyone that has already helped us. Any small amount of support would make an incredible difference to both of us.

Leo

paypal.me/Leo699