Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shot, Robbed, left for dead! Need help.
Hi All,
I am an Ozzie guy far from home, no family and in desperate need of help. So, who am, what happened and why am I here?
My name is Andrew and I work (worked) as an Online English Teacher. I live in Santa Marta, Colombia where my five-year-old son Ian lives, thus the reason being here in Colombia. Now I have no idea if I will get any help from this forum, but as I am ''desperate'' so it is worth a shot (no pun intended).
On Thursday the 28th of November after celebrating my 57th birthday, I was walking home when I was approached by 2 thugs, 1 carrying a machete and the other with a handgun. Not being stupid I handed over my wallet and mobile phone and thought they would leave, I was wrong!
I was shot in the head and left for dead on the street. The sound of the gun firing alerted the neighbors and by sheer luck one of them was a medical professional, who controlled the bleeding until the ambulance arrived.
I was rushed to the hospital and underwent emergency surgery. In fact, I am very fortunate to be alive according to the doctors, it must be that crazy Ozzie will to fight for life.
Due to the two thugs getting my wallet, I have had to cancel all my cards with no access to any money until the replacements arrive, which last time took nearly 3 weeks. So now I find myself in debt to the hospital, unable to pay my rent on the 5th of December, or buy needed medication (antibiotics and pain killers) and that is what brings me here.
Currently unable to work due to the current appearance and pain whilst staring into the laptop. I am not asking for more than needed, just for rent for the month of December, to pay the hospital bill and buy much-needed medication. I would love to buy my kid a present for Christmas, but that does not fall into the desperate category, so he will have to miss out until the New Year.
Total cost in Colombian pesos is rent - 950000 pesos (USD $269.80), Hospital 1500000 pesos (USD $426.00), so approximately $700 USD.
I simply hope that the kindness of human beings will shine through for this plea and donate to help me over a very difficult time in my life.
I thank you all very much for taking the time to read this and hope I receive some help so that I can recommence my Online Teaching work and take care of my son.
Thank you once again and blessings to all.
Kind Regards,
Andrew
paypal.me/blackstump
P.S. So you understand this is not a scam, but a genuine plea for help, you can see some images showing the injury sustained as well as a photo of me and my son.
http://santamartagolfclub.com/help.html
[attachment=492]