Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A shot at a dream
Photo 
Hi and thanks for reading,

So where do I start? I've recently been let go from a Labourer job, my bank account is in overdraft thanks to a loan I took for a funeral, I moved back home, can't get government help due to citizenship issues, finding a job just hasn't been fruitful and I just now realised that I want to become a writer. A great place to start for an aspiring writer in a way, lots of events I can draw inspiration from lol.

I am single, 25yr old male with no children and my dream is to publish my own graphic novel. Ever since I started reading manga & western comics I have always wanted to try it for myself, to be able to convey my own stories into images and writings, appealed a whole lot to me.
I have started a story, so far I've just begun to flesh out the main characters, started a mock draft and drawings of the characters and will continue to do so after posting this.

Im going to ask for a lot, $2000 to be exact. I know, "why should I give a stranger $2000 let alone any help at all", a fair sentiment indeed and one I can't help but think myself haha.

The $2000 amount breakdown: 
Currently my bank account is $695 in overdraft with a remaining $660 left to pay until my loan has been fully repaid, totaling to $1355 needed for my debt. The remaining $645 will go towards buying supplies such as sketch pads & books, pens & pencils, a cheap desk to write on, and other food and utilities that should last me a month. 
I am currently living at home, unfortunately for my parents, but I am hoping to make something of this for the long run so I may move out again.

After a month of no rejections and no help from anywhere else, I'm now asking here.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you for reading.

Ps. I wll upload some images so that I can link it , I don't have a laptop or computer and I am currently using a Lenovo tablet to help me with the technical side of things.