Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help get life back on track
Hey guys,

I'm new here, so if I don't say something I should, don't hesitate to ask.
So I guess here's my story
I live in semi independent care, which is a room in a shared house paid for by social services, and I'm looking at moving out to my own flat (again, provided in part by SS) soon. After a bit of a crappy end to my GCSE's and leaving home at 16, I spent a year trying to apply for apprenticeships and courses, to no avail. I tried following my fathers footsteps as an electrician, but after two weeks of being constantly late to sites and paying transport bills that trump would be proud of I decided that I would probably need a car for the job, and resigned. Shortly after, I found what i thought was my dream job - a traditional crafts technician. There was a little catch though - it's a self employed zero hours thing, and for about 3 weeks now, they haven't needed me (courses in the place aren't being booked by enough people to warrant a second techie), leading to no income from that. Which would all be fine since I'm meant to be receiving a weekly subsistence allowance of £57. Keyword - meant to. About 6 weeks ago, the card i received the subsistence on was stolen, and I reported it to the private bank that it's with (social services choice, not mine). After waiting for two weeks, and calling multiple times only to get to listen to "uptown funk" for hours whilst on hold. When i finally got through they said to call SS. I did, and after speaking to my personal adviser (switched from social worker to PA when i turned 18) for the first time, he said I haven't received the card because I've been working, which was something I told him during that conversation. It didn't add up, and since then I've received zero correspondence from him, lost all payments plus the ~£200 savings which were on the card at the time of cancellation. I have been since informed that this was done wrong, since there was no meeting to see how many hours I work (which is minimal anyways) and how much I earn.
Keep in mind, this was still when i was working, and needed money to get to work.
I did the worst thing I could, and took a £50 loan out (between reporting my card and calling my PA), thinking "that's all good, I'll get my card back and pay it off with little interest". Well, the card never got to me and I have had no work since. I've applied for 47 jobs since with no replies. I can't even afford to go see my family or girlfriend, since I live on the other side of the borough. It's gotten to the point where I'm considering selling my guitar and amp so i can get by, both of which are dear to me.
I'm now stuck with a loan (which I put into hardship, so it's fine for the moment) and no money at all (sorry, that's a lie, there's 50p in coppers under the bed).
If anyone reading could advise, or throw another copper my way, I'd be extremely thankful paypal.me/spiritsaddo

Cheers,
Mike