Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$175 to $800 for Landlady, Active Job Search
Heart 
Hello, Thank you for your time.  I am just a step away from a job!  I can feel it!  I was laid off a few weeks ago, with only $250 to my name.  Here is the back story:

In 2006, I stopped drinking alcohol without too much drama.  I kept my long-time career job.
In 2007, I was laid off.  I was not able to do COBRA health insurance, but I had some unemployment & did job search.
In 2007, after the lay off, I cashed out the 401K's I had contributed to.  Then I sold my rental & the proceeds brought my other home current so I could stay.  
In 2009, I suffered an uninsured electrical injury which damaged my heart and pancreas. My disability claim did not get approved.  I searched for jobs & collected.
In 2010, I dreamed angels worked on my heart (your guess is as good as mine), and I regained some strength.
In 2011, I was stronger, so I went back to college for retraining.  I had good grades/internships, but no paycheck.  I lived off new student loans.
In 2012, my residence was well into the foreclosure process so I moved to Seattle's urban area for a job.  Dry ice was stored in the workplace & my heart was not strong enough to cope with it because of the 2009 injury I had.  Other employees struggled too, though, & filed complaints.  The company did not want to fix the ventilation.  Reporting it to L&I would not immediately help me, I was gasping during shifts & having partial anaphylaxis on half my throat for some weird reason.,l so I resigned.
In 2012, I discovered Obamacare & got some diagnoses for my heart, lungs & my blood sugar conditions.
In 2012, I worked as much as possible & each year my income and strength has improved.  But it has been hand-to-mouth & over the years, I have lost almost everything.  I managed to keep my 4 elderly, long-term cats & dog until they all became very old, which is a miracle in itself.
In 2012, I had another dream that angels said that another heart surgery (your guess is as good as mine) had been a success.  My edema started to go away.

Since then, I have supported myself.  Disability had denied me through all the appeals.  I continued to support myself & also had a compassionate landlady who I owe $2000.  I received $2500 help over the years from a relative who I would like to repay.

Fast forward to 2017.  I have re-gained cardiac strength enough to work substantial hours like before my injury, but an unexpected layoff came with no notice and I only have $200 to my name.  I've asked my mothers & 2 brothers for help, but they are not able to. My family of origin was very dysfunctional & I wasn't surprised they could not help.  My new landlady is breathing down my neck for the rest of my deposit, & April is almost here too.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you again.
Good luck on your journey.
(07-18-2017, 11:27 AM)LuisEd Wrote: Good luck on your journey.

Thanks, LuisEd.  I'm in my fifties.