Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homeless, need help with 1st month's rent, security deposit and utility deposits
Hi, my name is Dan Brown. No, not the author (I wish, lol).

I currently find myself homeless and seperated from my wife and 10-year old daughter. Our being seperate is a temporary situation directly connected to being homeless. We just need to find a house to rent asap.

My problem is saving the necessary money for the first month's rent (preferably 2 months, really) and the security deposit and utility deposit. I do have a couple of hundred dollars I saved from my last job. Ah, how did I lose that, you ask? Well, they changed my schedule, failed to notify me, and then listed me as a no-call, no-show. They did this same thing twice, which caused my termination. It is a well-known convenience store which is famous for pizza. I'm not going to mention the name outright, but if you have one where you live, you probably have guessed it already.

I start a new job doing inventory after the 1st of the year. The big problem is the men's shelter I stay in has a 90 day limit. I am 25 odd days away from reaching this...So we need a place asap. I don't know where I would go if I was put out of there...My wife and daughter stay with a friend and it is already overcrowded there, there is not really even a patch of floor for me there...

I am out here everyday looking for work. All day, everyday. I want to work. I am not afraid of work. As I say, I start a new job after New Year's. I am embarassed asking for help somewhat, but I am desperate and want my family all back together.

As for my wife she is very, very sick. She has been battling breast cancer for 3 years now. Radiation, chemo, the whole gambit. Then she hydroplaned in our car...she wasn't hurt badly (thank God), but it did trigger them to look at her thyroid. She has thyroid cancer as well, they discovered. She has had more treatments for this in preparation of having surgery to remove her thyroid. We have medicaid, which is a blessing. So my wife can't work. She would love to. She is just too sick. She has applied for disablity but keeps getting denied, unexplicably. if anyone deserves it, she does.

So we are also without a vehicle, but a friend may have one for us soon. It needs some work, I don't know how much it need yet, but we are grateful to have anything that runs at this point.

I hope some people may be able to help us. Just need a hand getting our family back on it's feet. Thank you in advance.