Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single Mum Living in Earthquake Christchurch NZ - Need a Home
Sad 
Hi there
My name is Casey and I am a single mum to a beautiful 13 year old daughter. I have raised her entirely on my own for her whole life, an achievement I am super proud of. I live in New Zealand in Christchurch where we have been plagued for the past 5 years with very serious Earthquakes. Sad The latest happened only last night. The problem with these Earthquakes is they have hiked House prices up significantly, as there is such aa demand and shortage due to so many people losing their homes. As a single mum only working 10 hours a week paying exceptionally high rental price, the dream of having my own home and security for my daughter is just beyond reach. The housing crisis here in NZ is not going to get better at ANY time soon, and even rentals are being swallowed up from current tenants  in order for the owners familys to move back in. Job demand is also high as so many business also lost out to these earthquakes and while I am actively seeking full time work thus far no luck. With all the rent and schooling bills and general household requirements etc etc I have absolutely no means for saving anything significant, I save where I can but Its pittance to what I need. I have a very tight Budget which I am very good at sticking to believe me I am actually very good with money, I just don't have enough at the end of the day to ever pull a house deposit together. Please help me and my daughter especially! She deserves a secure home. The average house price where I am living is $400k and I require a 20% deposit with the bank. See how out of reach this is on my own. All I am asking is a boost to help me on my way to giving my daughter a real future home!!
Thank you so much
Casey Heart