Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I helped someone once, now its my turn in need..
Asking for help has never been all that easy for me, but lately I’m just swimming in more debt than I know what to do with. I feel like I’m in my situation because when I was in a good place, I used my money to help someone else in need. Now that I’m in need I’m hoping to count on the kindness of strangers again. Sorry, this is a long story.
            I had always been good with my money until a few years back when my “nice guy” mindset got the best of me. I met and got engaged to a mother of one that was fairly poor with her money. She was in so much debt that by the time her paycheck would come, her last week of transactions all had overage charges connected to them. Her monthly interest payments for her over drawn credit cards were getting huge. Even though we were not married yet, or living together or anything like that, I felt like it was a waste for her to be paying so much money every month in these interest and overages charges if I could eliminate them with my savings money that was only making a tiny low percent each month. Over the 2 years we were together I put well over 10k into her debt to help her and her daughter get back on her feet. During this time I got laid off from my current job due to price cut backs. This wouldn’t have been a huge deal had I not just invested my whole savings account into getting her on her feet. So I very quickly got into a large amount of credit card debit trying to keep myself afloat while I found a new job. I regret this now, but I also co signed on a little car for her since hers was on its last leg and she wasn’t able to qualify for one on her own. We were engaged, why wouldn’t I do this?
            Well the relationship didn’t work out. Turns out she had been lying for a year or so about being into some heavy drugs and cheating on me during the same time frame. I tried to make it work for a while but she was unwilling to change either of those two actions. We both moved on, but I was the head on her car loan still and had no way of removing it from my name. About a year ago she stopped paying on her car for whatever reason. So I was left either paying for her car each month, or taking a huge hit on my credit for a missed payment. So for a year I ended up paying for my ex fiancés car, which just further added to my credit card debit that I couldn’t seem to make a dent in. Now I’m up to about $13,000 in just credit card debit that I have to pay off that I pretty much just took away from her so she didn’t have to. I’m about to graduate college after 9 years, but that just adds having to start paying 9 years of student loans back. I’ve tried moving my credit card debit around from card to card to take advantage of interest free time periods. But I’ve run out of that and now have to pay 20% interest of 5 figures of credit card debit each month.
            I really just need help taking a chunk (or all) of this down so the interest isn’t so crazy high each month. So I can actually make payments on principal each month and make progress towards my future. My degree is in business, I feel like I will be able to make a really nice future for my family and myself one-day. But right now every decision I make is completely directed by that credit card debit. I cant take a job in my field because it doesn’t pay enough right now for me to make any progress on my debit. I can’t move out (I’m back at home for now as a 27 year old), because I can’t justify spending all that money on an apartment when it needs to be going to debit interest payments. I can’t really date to find a wife and start a family because I cant afford it.

If any one is willing, I would really appreciate anything that will help me progress where I am right now. Had this been my own debit that I made poor decisions to get to, I likely wouldn’t be asking for help. I just feel like I’m in this situation because I gave my money to help someone else when I was in a good place, and I’m hoping for someone to do the same now that I’ve hit the bottom. Thank you so much!

paypal.me/AndrewWilson14