Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't live like this anymore
My family's monthly income is 300 Euros. My expenses per month are:
30 Euros- rent
38 Euros- electricity and water
20 Euros -kindergarten (the youngest son is 5 years old)
60 Euros - Nutrition at school (two children of school age 8 and 13)
The left amount 152 Euros for food (5 Euros per day)
I didn't included all unexpected expenses, ex. in two weeks I have to pay 20 Euros for my son's uniform. Also my daughter very often goes to various educational competitions (some of them are not free of charge).
Eight years ago I had enough for living. I was always happy to help people. But after economic crisis in our country my husband lost his job. Now he earns 13 Euros per day. I am a translator (everybody begins laugh that I don't have money), but I get very small projects or sometimes I sit without job for a few months. My university studies are not finished (lack of money to pay for education) so I can't bid for well paid European projects. Most of agencies pay only after 30 or even 60 days so how to survive all this period. We've borrowed money from neighbours, parents, husband's boss etc. just to have money for essential things. For ex. I've finished translation project for 150 dollars, but when I get them I'll have to give back these money to people who are waiting their money half a year. At the moment we have approx. 720 Euros of debts. 
It would be wonderful to start from zero without debts. We are honest people and want to earn money honestly (without doing anything illegal in order to have a good life). We live in a small town where it's difficult to earn more than a minimum wage, but I am happy that my children are not ill. I would appreciate any your help.

Keep up the good work. It sounds like you have identified your earnings and your spending. Living in a small town can make it difficult to find a high paying job, but maybe you could work for your neighbors and friends, or start your own business. For example, cleaning houses or cars for others. Maybe cooking meals, or selling bread, pies, or cookies? If there are others in your town that need something and would be willing to pay for it, you could fill that need for them. And news travels fast in small towns, so your business could grow quickly. Even if you only needed to do something for a short time, you could work for others until you get out of debt.