Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facing eviction this week!
Hello! I'm Ashley from Chicago.

I'm in my early 30s with chronic kidney disease, and am currently trying to prevent me and my 65 year old mother from becoming homeless again.

10 years ago, we spent two years bouncing between homeless shelters. In 2014, a family member graciously allowed us to move in with him. It was a miracle that he'd given us a home after some of that scary things we dealt with in the shelter system.

Unfortunately, last May that family member passed away after a battle with prostate cancer that had spread to some of his other organs. I fell into a bout of depression while I was dealing with my grief, and wasn't able to come out of it till this spring. By that point, it was too late, we fell behind on the rent.

This summer, I decided that I was ready to stand on my own two feet, and provide for myself and my mother (who also has struggles with her health) by trying to become gainfully employed. I applied to numerous jobs with no luck.

Two weeks ago I have my resume a makeover, and have had two interviews since that seemed to go great. In April, I'd thought that I made a deal with my landlord for the rent so I had no concern and was just concentrating on getting a job.

Fast-forward to August 14th 2024. As you can guess, the unexpected happened. My landlord is threatening eviction within the next 5 - 10 days if I can't pay the outstanding balance of the rent. The balance is almost 12k.

I'm asking for as much as anyone is willing to give. My cash app tag is $AshNineOne. I also have PayPal.

I'm from a humble background in Chicago, and just want to better myself. If I'm able to get the help for my rent, I won't have any other distractions while I'm in the hiring process various jobs, and we'll have a study place to stay while I'll hopefully start a new job within the next two to three weeks.

Thank you to anyone that read this, and have a blessed day!