Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autistic Girl Seeking Assistance for Urgent Dental Treatment
Heart 
Dear Kind Donors,

I am Maria, a 24-year-old Brazilian girl living with Level 2 Autism, and today I find myself needing to reach out to this compassionate community for help.

Living with autism is a daily challenge that is often compounded by other difficulties. For me, one of these challenges is an executive function disorder which affects my ability to handle daily personal hygiene tasks, a situation that was exacerbated during the pandemic. In addition to this, I have been grappling with a significant dental issue for close to eight years now.

In the past four years, this dental problem has worsened to the point that it has significantly compromised my ability to chew food properly. I currently have around six teeth in a bad condition, with three of them having large cavities that have made chewing almost impossible. For nearly four years, I have been forced to chew only on one side of my mouth, which has unfortunately resulted in visible physical changes. The muscles and fat on the side of my face where I cannot chew have started to atrophy, impacting not only my appearance but also my confidence and self-esteem. The pain has been consistent, robbing me of the simple joy of a pain-free smile.

Furthermore, in July 2022, I developed symptoms of arthritis, which was later diagnosed as a birth malformation called a discoid lateral meniscus in both knees. This condition has drastically reduced my mobility. The presence of three flights of stairs in my house has turned every trip outside into a considerable challenge. I am currently using crutches to move around, and I am unable to start the necessary physiotherapy due to my financial situation. This has only increased my day-to-day struggles, making simple tasks an uphill battle.

Currently, I find myself in a dire financial situation that has left me unable to address these health issues. I am in desperate need of dental treatment to restore my dental health and alleviate the constant pain I am experiencing. The total cost of the dental treatment amounts to approximately 5,000 USD. This sum is far beyond my current means.

I can send you photos/videos if you wish to see how is the current situation. I also have the medical report about the discoid meniscus.

Today, I humbly ask for your help. Your contribution will not only help me receive the urgent dental treatment I need but also allow me to start physiotherapy for my knees, aiding in my mobility.

Every donation, no matter how small, will bring me a step closer to regaining my health and a semblance of normalcy in my life. If you wish to donate, i've made this link to my paypal to facilitate https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_bu...CGY8PMB78E.

I thank you for taking the time to read my story and for your kindness and generosity. It truly means the world to me.

Best Regards, Maria.