Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me improve my future!
Hi, I'm Alvaro Andara, a student trying to survive in a country with hyperinflation. Yes, I live in Venezuela, and before you dismiss my call for help as another scam from "a veneco" I'd like you to hear me.

Things are pretty bad around here, expensive food, insecurity and unemployment are normal nowadays, but I'm always trying to improve my situation, so I can support my parents and my sister.

Dad got laid off from his job a year ago because his bosses couldn't afford to pay him, and my mom is doing her best to help put food in the table. Sometimes I spend one or two days with nothing in the fridge, and it hurts me looking at the faces of my parents trying to act like everything is okay.

So I got a job, it wasn't much but at least thing got better for a while, until I was laid off too, three months ago. The cafe where I worked had to close because clients stopped coming.

Unemployed again, I can't find a new job because my studies come first (mom is very stern with it) and everything else is full time, and leaving college means dooming myself to a homeless life.

But I can't stand and see how my family struggles with hunger, so I decided to study something that will improve my future and provide to my family.

I'm a student at the Universidad Central de Venezuela, I'm studying Human Resources, but I know this won't assure me financial future, because this career is heavily underrated in this country. 

So I want to become a web developer and a mobile developer, I'm very passionate with how things work and how we can create things to solve problems, so I want to be one of those programmers that can change the world (in a good way!).

The only problem with it is my hardware: I'm writing this in a government-issued laptop, and no, not a good one, I mean the kind of laptop they give to kids so they can play little games and stuff.

I tried, really tried to learn programming in this laptop, but it always frozes up or I can't do nothing more than a few lines of code before it slows.

That's why I'm asking you for help, I need a better pc if I want to improve my future, it doesn't have to be an ultra computer, just something that can do the job done.

Everything will help, it doesn't matter the amount, even if it's just a penny, you will be helping me and my family not to starve.

Maybe in the future (after I become a succesful developer) you can contact me so I can help you in any projects you need, it's the least I can do after you helped me improve my future Smile

Here is my PayPal: paypal.me/A3Meza

If you want to chat a little (I always answer mails): alvaroandarawork@gmail.com

Thanks for reading! Every bit will help, so I'm happy even if you only want to chat with me Smile