Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start-up Farm
Hello!,
I am in Lansing, Michigan and I need help with starting my business.  It is for-profit, but I know that if I have this Farm, and someone is in need, I will help them for free.  Jesus said, "The poor you will have with you always.." so I don't think I could live with myself if I saw someone in dire need and they couldn't afford to pay either for everything they wanted to buy, if it was a parent of a struggling family, or an elderly customer or a struggling individual.  I won't be taken advantage of, but, I will help someone in need in a heartbeat.

I need about $250,000 because I have found that I need tractors; a working truck for maintenance; the license; the zoning certificate; the construction company that the building will be; and even the land for it has different costs based on the acreage and no matter how much money I raise, the building and the land are the brunt of how much the total costs for opening a Farm will cost.  I have some places in Michigan that I am looking at, and yet, I can't contact any Broker or Realtor just yet because I don't have the money.  Right now, No one believes in me, so I am taking this on, all on my own.  I will hire up to 15 people, which means that I am going to create jobs for the City where I live.  I am stuck with having to write a business plan, but, that is because I have NOT opened my business yet, so I don't have figures for a '"5 year projection," or anything like that.  The ground has not even been cleared, because I need money to lease some land, have a Land Contract and then put the building up that I want.  The building is going to be a huge type of barn. I will grow food in this building, and then the other half is the "store." I know that it will take me time, but, I need funding because I can get my EIN number; my TIN and I will have to buy some posters to put up once the building is built and ready for me to start.  I have to lease a car ( I don't have one) and/or a F150 truck that will serve as my primary work vehicle, and I found one for $25,000 at a dealership.  I need to pay for my license, and I have to take some "classes" at MSU for "Food and Safety Handling Practices," which one was I think $25.  I can only give a donor my thanks to help me help others, because I could not ship any food or flowers because I can't find a delivery company that specializes in this. Maybe I would send flowers to someone as long as they have an USA address, to try and thank them, but right now, I am hoping to get what I need so that I can start my business and get my licenses issued.  Thank You to you in advance, my Angels of mercy, God Bless your heart. Denise Creagh