Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giving up my dream career
[attachment=636][attachment=636]Hi everyone! My name is Stephanie and I am currently a veterinary student. I have worked for 20 years to get to where I am today, in my first year of veterinary school. I had told my mother before she died of pancreatic cancer when I was 8 years old that I was going to become a veterinarian and I finally got into school! I've been living on my own for the last 3 years, and my family moved across the country. I also do not have a significant other or anyone to help me financially. I am at the point where I am $800 overdue on rent, I usually skip eating 2-3 days a week, and my mental health is going down the drain. I just want to get my head out of the water so I can refocus and take on this difficult task head on with determination for success. I am begging for anything to help me just get the rest of my rent paid while I am searching for a job that will let me work 1 day per week, because I am in school mostly from 10am-8pm. All I have ever wanted was to become a veterinarian and help the community care for their animals, and I am very close to giving up this dream. I would do anything to be able to continue school.