Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just want to enjoy equal rights and be healthy
Dear all,

I’m a trans person seeking for help.
I can't afford costly surgeries, as I'm being denied from jobs.

I came out in July 2018, I’ve started my hormonal replacement therapy in August, and by November of that year I was jobless. Sadly, these events were interconnected. This is a frequent attitude in my country.

Since then I haven’t been welcome anywhere except for short-term occasional jobs where people don’t need to compare information is my passport to my current self and my pronouns. But I just HAVE to be myself. Everybody has this right. I  am a diligent hardworking person, why deny me only based on a piece of paper?.. No one needs an employee like me, even despite I have all the necessary skills.

Now, I currently can’t replace my passport and other papers, as I need my birth certificate, which was lost by the authorities of my native town (presumably in a mess of 1990s, when USSR shuttered.) I will also need to renew my certificate that I have a right to change certain data in passport, like name and sex…  I had one, but here it is valid for a year, last one expired while I was waiting vainly for my birth certificate to arrive.

It costs about 100 USD, but for me it is a lot of money. Short-term jobs hardly pay for rent.
Another problem I face is operations. I was repeatedly told if I don’t have ‘female organs’ removed (sorry for my clumsy wording, I don’t know much  of English, as it’s not my native language), sooner or later they’ll give me cancer. I’ve been in a lot of pain recently, and I’m really afraid. I can’t afford operations, each costs about 1,000 USD, and I need two (‘up’ + ‘bottom’).

Please share my story or donate.

https://paypal.me/supportden

Thank you so much for even reading this ❤
I just want to be healthy, get a job, and enjoy equal rights with everybody else.

Den (he/him)